The Board engages in a strategic planning process to establish the direction and align resources to efficiently manage operations in support of the Board’s mission and goals. The Board’s goals are broadly aligned with the goals of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) which include:
- increasing access to and opportunities for employment, education, training and support services for individuals with barriers to employment;
- promoting alignment of workforce investment, education and economic development systems in support of a comprehensive, accessible, and high-quality workforce development system; and,
- improving the quality of the workforce, increasing economic self-sufficiency, reducing welfare dependency, meeting employer skill requirements, and enhancing the nation’s productivity and competitiveness.
The Board’s strategic plan is also aligned with the Texas Combined State Plan for WIOA for Program Years 2016 to 2019. The Board’s plan outlines goals for preparing an educated and skilled workforce, including youth and individuals with barriers to employment and goals relating to the performance accountability measures based on performance indicators used to evaluate program effectiveness. The Board’s strategic plan for the Program Years 2017 to 2020 sets forth the goals and strategies that will serve as the roadmap to guide program operations toward achievement of our mission. Over the next four years, the Board will attain:
- increased services to business to nurture and preserve the region’s economic prosperity;
- increased educational opportunities to increase the skills levels and earning power of the region’s workforce,
- increased services to the rural areas to ensure equity in the provision of services to residents of all 15 counties we serve; and,
- increased branding and awareness to ensure that all those in need of the Board’s services are informed and empowered to access the services they need and to establish and maintain the Board’s influence as strategic leader of the region’s workforce development system.
View the draft Two-Year Plan Modification of the 2017–2020 Strategic Plan.
Public comments must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1301 Broadway, Ste. 201, Lubbock, TX 79401 by March 5, 2019. All comments will be incorporated as part of the Two-Year Plan Modification, which will be submitted to the Texas Workforce Commission.