WIOA Youth Program Eligibility
How Can You Help Me?
Through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Workforce Solutions helps low-income youth, aged 14-24, prepare for success in the classroom – and on the job. You can receive work-readiness and life skills that will help you achieve YOUR career goals.
An example of the services we offer through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Youth Program include:
- Tutoring, Study Skills Training, and Instruction
- Alternative Secondary School Services
- Paid/Unpaid Work Experience
- Occupational Skills Training
- Leadership Skills Development
- Support Services
- Adult Mentoring
- Financial Literacy Education
- Entrepreneurial Skills Training
- Labor Market and Employment Information
- Individualized Career Counseling
How Do I Know If I Qualify?
|Family Size||Family Income|
|>10||add $5,039 for each person above 10|
Out of School Youth experiencing certain barriers to employment or education may not be required to provide income information, such as:
- School dropout
- Between the ages of 16 and 18, and has not attended school for at least the most recent complete school year calendar quarter
- Subject to the juvenile or adult justice system
- Homeless or runaway
- Foster youth
- Pregnant or parenting
How Do I Get Started?
If you are ready to start defining your future, we are here to help. Your first step is to attend one of our free WIOA Youth Orientations. Orientations are offered several times a month at Workforce Solutions Career Centers. Please contact 806-765-5038 and ask for the WIOA Youth Dept.
Share this page
Workforce Solutions South Plains is an equal opportunity employer/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay Texas: 711 (voice); 800-735-2989 (TDD); or Relay Texas Spanish 800-662-4954.