Parents - Main Page
Workforce Solutions South Plains Child Care Services subsidizes child care for eligible low-income families, promoting long-term self-sufficiency by enabling parents to work, attend workforce training, or education activities. It also educates parents about availability of quality child care, which enhances children’s early learning. Across Texas, parents and families enroll their children into child care programs, including center-based and home-based programs. Numerous research studies have shown that at-risk children who attend higher quality child care programs are more prepared for school entry than children who do not attend quality child care programs.
CCS is currently in OPEN enrollment, click here to apply now.
Those eligible for child care assistance include children under the age of thirteen and:
- Whose parents are receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Whose parents have recently stopped receiving TANF benefits because of earned income
- Whose parents are receiving Food Stamps
- Whose parents qualify as low income and need help paying for child care so they can continue to work or attend training
- Teen parents who are from low-income families who need child care to attend school or complete a GED
- Parents qualify as low income and have children with disabilities
- New allowable activity – Matrix Learning, click here to find out more
|Family Size||TWC Threshold of 75% SMI (Monthly)||TWC Threshold of 75% SMI (Annually)|
The goals of Workforce Solutions Child Care Services are to:
- Offer families an expanded choice of quality child care arrangements
- Offer families a source for child care information and financial assistance
- Support the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children by providing continuity of care
- Help prevent the abuse and neglect of children
- Assist providers in increasing and maintaining quality child care
- Provide child development resources to local providers, and
- Provide local resources for child development
Through Workforce Solutions’ parental choice option, parents have the right to choose the type of child care that best suits their needs and to be informed of all child care options available, including:
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed child care homes,
- Registered family homes, and
- Relative Child Care Provider
Share this page
The newsletter is now available!
Click here to view the July 2022 edition!