Parents - Main Page
Workforce Solutions South Plains Child Care Services subsidizes child care for eligible low-income families, promoting long-term self-sufficiency by enabling parents to work, attend workforce training, or education activities. It also educates parents about availability of quality child care, which enhances children’s early learning. Across Texas, parents and families enroll their children into child care programs, including center-based and home-based programs. Numerous research studies have shown that at-risk children who attend higher quality child care programs are more prepared for school entry than children who do not attend quality child care programs.
Coronavirus: To view changes made to Child Care Services program effective immediately, click here.
**Enrollment is currently closed – Apply for Child Care Services to be placed on the waitlist.**
Those eligible for child care assistance include children under the age of thirteen and:
- Whose parents are receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Whose parents have recently stopped receiving TANF benefits because of earned income
- Whose parents are receiving Food Stamps
- Whose parents qualify as low income and need help paying for child care so they can continue to work or attend training
- Teen parents who are from low-income families who need child care to attend school or complete a GED
- Parents qualify as low income and have children with disabilities
The goals of Workforce Solutions Child Care Services are to:
- Offer families an expanded choice of quality child care arrangements
- Offer families a source for child care information and financial assistance
- Support the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children by providing continuity of care
- Help prevent the abuse and neglect of children
- Assist providers in increasing and maintaining quality child care
- Provide child development resources to local providers, and
- Provide local resources for child development
Through Workforce Solutions’ parental choice option, parents have the right to choose the type of child care that best suits their needs and to be informed of all child care options available, including:
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed child care homes,
- Registered family homes, and
- Self-Arranged Relative care
Share this page
The newsletter is now available!
Click here to view the January 2020 edition!
Workforce Solutions South Plains is an equal opportunity employer/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay Texas: 711 (voice); 800-735-2989 (TDD); or Relay Texas Spanish 800-662-4954.