Workforce Solutions South Plains Child Care Services subsidizes child care for eligible low-income families and helps contracted CCS child care providers improve their services. The goals of Child Care Services program are:
- Provide child care subsidy assistance to low-income families
- Improve the quality of care for all children
- Promote children’s healthy development and safety
- Provide support for parents who are working or are in training or education
REMINDER: Providers are required to report immediately when a child has 5 consecutive absences!
Resources: Attention! The forms below are for CCS Providers ONLY.
CCS – Provider Reporting Consecutive Absences (5) Days or More
Supplemental Billing Form
Provider First Day of School Care Changes Form
Provider Documentation Submission Form
CCS – Provider Agreement Updates
Provider Direct Deposit Form
Free Business Coaching
Benefits of becoming a CCS Provider
Child Care facilities that meet certain requirements may become Child Care Services providers by signing an agreement with the Child Care Contractor.
The benefits to being a CCS provider include:
- Receiving one-on-one technical assistance from Child Care Provider Services staff
- Access to the Betty Anderson Resource Room which houses over 200 developmentally appropriate curriculum boxes for provider check-out, 600+ die cuts, a monthly allotment of butcher paper and laminating materials.
- Access to live trainings, materials, resources, mentoring, and professional development trainings on DVD to assist providers in meeting required clock hours.
- Rural area providers would have access to the FROG Bus which delivers materials to every rural CCS provider on a monthly basis to promote quality child care.
- Receiving direct payment for child care services provided
Additionally, CCS collaborates with Region 17, Texas School Ready, Headstart/Early Headstart, DFPS, university/college professors and mentors, credentialed child care professionals both locally and throughout the country, as well as community leaders in order to provide child care providers valuable information.
Becoming a Licensed Provider
The mission of Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Child Care Licensing is to protect children through regulation and education.
Child Care Licensing responsibilities include:
- Regulating all child-care operations and child-placing agencies to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in care.
- Permitting and monitoring operations and agencies for compliance with state licensing standards, rules and laws.
- Investigating complaints alleging violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare operations.
- Informing parents and the public about child care, including how specific daycare and residential childcare operations are complying with minimum standards of care.
- Giving child-care providers technical assistance on meeting licensing standards, rules, and laws.
The process to obtain a permit is designed to ensure the protection of children through a cooperative relationship between the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and the potential applicant.
If you are interested in starting a day care operation you will need to visit the DFPS website and follow the steps ensuring you do not miss any important pieces.
For more information, helpful materials, and resources please visit the DFPS website: Texas DFPS
PAYMENTS TO CLOSED CHILD CARE PROGRAMS AND CHILD TRANSFERS
If a child care provider has an exposure to a presumed or confirmed COVID-19 case and needs to close in order to sanitize their facility and/or quarantine staff and children, the closure must be considered involuntary. The Board will continue to pay the provider for up to two consecutive weeks of involuntary closure.
If the involuntary closure extends beyond two consecutive weeks, the situation will be submitted to TWC for review and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
If a provider elects to close for reasons not related to a specific COVID-19 exposure, the closure is considered voluntary. Additionally, if a child care program voluntarily closes for reasons not related to a specific COVID exposure, Contractor must end authorizations for care at that facility and work with the families to find placement with another eligible program. If acceptable care cannot be found, then the child’s care is suspended, and the child care referral is closed. The child’s current eligibility period remains, and the TWIST program detail remains open.
The CONTRACTOR will require a two week waiting period for child care transfers except for cases where the child’s safety may be in jeopardy (including CCR actions against a provider as required by §809.94). Requiring a two-week waiting period prior to ending care at a facility aligns with common private-pay practices, which is a goal of the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act. During the waiting period, the child’s referral at the original provider shall continue unless the parent requests a suspension.
CONTRACTOR must ensure that provider closures as well as requests to transfer children are documented in TWIST Counselor Notes.
CONTRACTOR shall notify providers and parents of this policy change.
Child Care Provider Newsletter
Texas Rising Star *NEW* Entry Level Designation
Effective October 1, 2022 any Texas child care provider wishing to participate in the Child Care Services (CCS) program must be designated as Entry Level and agree to work with a mentor towards Texas Rising Star certification.
- What is Entry Level Designation? (PDF)
- Entry Level Designation Overview for Providers (PDF)
- TRS – Provider Brochure (PDF)
- Entry Level Video – Spanish
The Texas Rising Star program offers providers the opportunity to improve the quality of child care and early learning by meeting progressively higher levels of quality. These levels are tied to higher reimbursement rates.
Providers interested in learning more about TRS may visit Texas Rising Star – Provider Program.
You may contact CCS through our website or by calling (806) 744.3572.