Layoff Aversion Strategies
Layoffs of 50 or More Workers
Upon notification of a layoff affecting fifty or more workers, our Rapid Response team can respond with on-site, early-intervention services customized to help your employees cope with job loss and assist them in the transition to their next opportunity.
At your request, we can provide your employees with:
- Information about available publicly-funded services to help them employees find a new job
- Information on unemployment insurance and how to file
- Professional workshops including resume preparation, interviewing, and salary negotiations
- Financial planning and stress management workshops
- Emergency crisis counseling
- Labor market information
- Information about training opportunities
- Customized job fairs
Layoffs of Less Than 50 Workers
We can provide informational meetings at your work site for layoffs of less than fifty workers. These informational meetings provide your employees with valuable resources to assist them in making the transition to a new job. The affected workers will receive basic information on accessing their unemployment insurance benefits and referrals to the Career Centers.
Rapid Response services are administered at the state level, but are operated by Workforce Solutions South Plains.
Share this page
The newsletter is now available!
Click here to view the January 2020 edition!
Workforce Solutions South Plains is an equal opportunity employer/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay Texas: 711 (voice); 800-735-2989 (TDD); or Relay Texas Spanish 800-662-4954.