Thursday, November 4 | 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Workforce Solutions South Plains is hosting the 10th Annual Hiring Red, White & You! statewide hiring event that connects veterans, transitioning military members, and military spouses to employers across Texas. This event is a partnership between Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Veteran’s Commission, Texas Medical Center, the Governor’s Office, and the 28 local Workforce Boards.
The Workforce Solutions South Plains hiring event features employers hiring in our 15-county service area (Bailey, Cochran, Crosby, Dickens, Floyd, Garza, Hale, Hockley, King, Lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Motley, Terry, and Yoakum).
November 4, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
(Early Admission for Transitioning Service Members, Veterans and Spouses)
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(Open To The Public)
MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites
801 Avenue Q
Lubbock, TX 79401
Face-to-face interactions help employers confirm whether a candidate is a good fit for a job, an opportunity job seekers typically only have when they’re invited in for an interview. This is your chance to let employers see there’s more to you than what’s on your application or resume–so don’t miss out! Plus, employers often interview and hire on-the-spot at our hiring events, so come prepared to get hired!
Did you know?
- There are 1.5 million Texas Veterans
- The highest state population in the country.
- Hiring Red, White & You! has had 10 years of success
- 108,288 job seekers
- 18,268 employers
- 2,800 same-day hires
- Hiring Veterans and Spouses Reduces Turnover and Improves Workforce Stability
- Veterans take initiative, learn quickly, adapt to change
- Veterans lead, build teams, meet challenges
- Military spouses often have advanced degrees and a service mindset
- Employers who hire veterans may earn up to $9,600 in federal tax credits
This is a statewide veteran hiring fair at NO COST to employers or job seekers.